Mercy Health System seeking Communications Specialist
Coordinates the creation and distribution of internal communication vehicles including (intranet, newsletters, emails, flyers, etc), provides event/meeting planning consultation and support, and provides foundational support for media relations to the MHS Communication Manager in adherence to the Operating Unit’s operational goals.
Mercy Health System is currently seeking a full time Communication Specialist to support the Marketing Communications department servicing our Mercy Fitzgerald, and Mercy Philadelphia divisions. (Position requires occasional local travel between these two sites in Northeast Philadelphia and West Philadelphia.)
Primary responsibilities include:
1. Effectively communicate OU (Mercy Fitzgerald and Mercy Philadelphia Hospitals) goals to internal audiences
2. Manage content, creative and graphic development of OU publications and email or other distribution.
3. Work with MHS Communications to ensure OU submissions into MHS and Trinity publications.
4. Adhere to MHS brand standards and policies in all communications.
5. Manage all internal communications vehicles: newsletters, emails, calendars, flyers, banners, etc. to ensure appropriate brand usage and messaging.
6. Attend committees as needed.
7. Work with MHS Communications to fulfill OU and System-wide internal communications needs.
8. Assist with development and production of collateral.
9. Contribute OU-related content for intranet, internet and social media efforts.
10. Provide on-site support for hospital, colleague and leadership communication
11. Assist with photography as directed
12. Provides support to Communications Manager as required.
13. Work independently at hospital locations with regular travel between hospital sites and other OU locations.
Public Relations & Community Outreach
1. Promote OU services and mission through media relations (proactive & reactive)
2. Write OU releases on hospital-promotion stories; pitch stories to local media to support awareness of OU programs
3. Provide Communication Manager with pertinent information for the quarterly media report
4. Provide consultation for outreach events and OU programs.
5. Participate in Emergency Preparedness
6. Research and help prepare industry award applications.
Web Management: Intranet & Internet
1. Leverage the OU brand, services and key messages through the web
2. Update Intranet & Internet with timely and useful colleague and physician information in accordance with the MHS web policy
3. Keep sites relevant and ’fresh’ in content
4. Maintain event calendar
1. Provide communication support for events for hospital and departments.
2. Provide collateral including invites, flyers, posters and other communication materials.
3. Work with appropriate vendors to provide additional support (i.e. photography, giveaway items, etc).
Qualified candidates must possess this combination of education and experience:
*Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, English, Marketing, or related field.
*Strong writing skills are a must.
*Entry level experience in developing and maintaining health care websites and intranet sites, coordinating traditional and digital communication plans, experience with CMS tools,
*HTML, analytics tools, social media and other digital platforms preferred. *Ability to travel between locations & work independently is required.
Must have provision for own transportation including valid driver’s license and insurance.
Mercy Health System of Southeastern Pennsylvania is a diverse, integrated system, providing comprehensive health services and is comprised of four acute care hospitals, a home health care organization, a federal PACE program, Wellness Centers, and primary & specialty care practices. MHS is a member of Trinity Health and dedicated to being a transforming, healing presence in the communities we serve, addressing the diverse needs of our neighbors at every stage of life, and ensuring quality care is available to every patient regardless of their socioeconomic status.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
Apply on line at www.mercyhealth.org. EOE.