Editorial Internship available at Babcox Media
Description: Editorial Intern – Hourly/Non-Exempt
Reports to: Editor of Publication
The editorial intern will research, write and edit relevant information for a variety of publications in print and online. The editorial intern will be responsible for writing and editing articles, proofreading, production and providing general support to the Babcox Media editorial staff. This internship opportunity is expected to last from June – August, 2017. This is a paid internship program; a reliable vehicle is required.
* Researching, reporting and writing assigned articles. This may include sourcing images and/or photos for the story;
* Copyediting through all stages of the editorial process;
* Providing editorial help for specific sections or articles for a variety of publications;
* Assisting with story generation ideas;
* Working collaboratively with other editors and graphic designers.
* Recently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or related experience and education;
* At a minimum, two years of college experience;
* Knowledge of AP style;
* Excellent communication skills;
* Creative problem solving skills;
* Ability to work closely within a team environment;
* Excellent attention to editorial details;
* Current experience in and knowledge of various digital media, social platforms and/or video preferred;
* Ability to meet stringent deadlines;
* Familiarity with WordPress web content management system a plus;
* Computer proficient: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop.