Seeking applications for TODAY Show spring internships
NBC’s TODAY SHOW, a mix of news and entertainment, is offering a paid internship for spring semester in the 2017-2018 academic year for a student in the Scripps College of Communication. An internship with “Today” offers a student an inside look at a live morning television program.
Interns work closely with staff researchers, associate producers and producers in many aspects of production. Interns could be asked to screen and to log tapes, make research calls, compile statistics and to work with editors compiling clip reels.
The intern will also be expected to complete tasks in the office including but not limited to answering phones, distributing mail, copying research for talent, making dubs of show segments and going out on show-related errands. During the internship, the student will go out on an occasional shoot, observe the process and then sit in on an edit session and see the final product air.
Deadline is Friday, October 13.
Students who are interested should submit an electronic résumé and professional cover letter (one pdf file) to Karen Peters, Internship & Student Services Specialist, via email: email@example.com No references are needed. Please also type: “Today Show application materials spring 2017” in the subject line of the email.
Qualifications/ Requirements- NBC Universal Interns must meet the following criteria:
- Must have watched TODAY regularly and be familiar with their show format before applying.
- Looking for students that “really want journalism not entertainment” per Ms. Elizabeth Laskie-Gonzalez
- Current standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)- FIRM requirement
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Must be 18 age or older
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in US without a visa or sponsorship.