WTAP seeking AM Producer
TheNewsCenter is currently looking for an AM Producer.
Successful candidates will produce our 90 minute newscast, Daybreak. Daybreak’s format includes up to the minute weather updates/forecasts, local, regional & national news. Daybreak also includes local sports updates & LIVE on set interviews discussing local community events. We are looking for a candidate who innovates new projects and ideas for the newscast. This position has some on-air opportunities BUT the person taking this job really needs to be focused on producing this highly-rated and 20-year-old newscast. This person will also cover overnight breaking news stories in the Mid-Ohio Valley. The schedule for this position is midnight to 9am - Monday mornings through Friday mornings.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Produce a creative and informative newscast
• Work under pressure and deadlines
• Adapt to breaking news and developing stories
• Communicate with anchors and control room staff
• Strong initiative and persistent attention to detail is required
• Be able to write clearly and accurately using proper grammar
• Ability to work with limited supervision
• Must be professional and courteous with the public, answer phones and greeting station guests, as needed
• Strong knowledge of current events, including local, regional and national news
• Familiarity with police scanners
• Must work individually as well as part of a team requires work with many personalities
• Must be able to use discretion, best judgment in searching for news stories and have solid journalistic/ethical skills
• Must have a valid driver’s license and pass a motor vehicle background check and drug test
Required Skills & Experience:
• One (1) year experience in a newsroom preferred, but not required
• BS/BA in journalism or communications preferred
• Ability to shoot, write and edit your own stories as necessary
• Experience with posting stories to social media
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Computer literacy, including newsroom computer systems
• Schedule flexibility (Schedules can shift from time to time to other shifts and/or weekends depending on staffing)
• A valid driver`s license and a good driving record
** A link to candidate’s reel, to include clips of reporting is required and should be included in the application ** Send information to firstname.lastname@example.org THEN apply on-line at gray.tv/applynow.
Our market includes Marietta, Ohio, Parkersburg, West Virginia, Washington County, Ohio, Wood County, West Virginia and Pleasants County, West Virginia.