Cision PR Internship
This position will work with the inside sales, customer content services and support teams. The position will report into one specific manager, with a chance to interact with multiple managers in various departments. This position is designed to give a perspective of the day to day operations that drives an organization such as Cision. Based on the season, the intern will be exposed to specific projects assigned to either area. This experience will provide a rewarding perspective into customer communication, daily operations and strategic initiatives all with a focus on improving the customer experience. College credit will be given for this internship, provided it has been approved by your dean or university. (This is an unpaid internship.)
- Well-organized, team player with a drive to learn and a passion for PR, journalism, sales, and marketing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of social media
- Pursuit of a degree in PR, Marketing, Communications, Journalism or Business
- Must be able to obtain college credit towards degree
- Available 3 days per week
- Gaining first-hand experience in a professional setting.
- Gaining knowledge of the news distribution and communication industry.
- Learn how various customer requests are handled such as processing applications, performing account updates, ROI Reporting, and using the secure customer portal.
- Understand how various types of companies differ in their communications approach (Agencies, Public Companies, Private Companies, and Public Interest Organizations).
- Be exposed to support projects for these types of companies.
- Gain understanding of sales strategies and techniques
- Gaining first-hand experience in newsroom operations.
- Understand various communication tools often used by industry professionals.
Interviews will be held on campus February 13-14. You can sign up for an interview at the information desk in Schoonover