Ohio College of Business seeking Digital Content Intern
The College of Business Department of Marketing and Communication seeks a Student Digital Content Intern. This position will Develop your portfolio and gain experience as a dynamic storyteller working to amplify College of Business online news channels including business.ohio.edu, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and more. As a Digital Content Intern, you’ll collaborate with more than 10 undergraduate and graduate programs clients to write and publish story content that fuels multiple audiences and achieves internal strategic marketing goals. Content will also be published in University publications such as Compass, OHIO Today, and OHIO Women.
• Collaborate with College of Business Marketing and Communication team to create compelling content such as, feature stories, press releases, and social media content.
• Research, and vet story ideas or proposals for website publication.
• Proofread and edit content for accuracy, grammar, style and punctuation.
• Assist with copy development for social media content on the College of Business Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn channels.
• Manage the development and selection of multimedia assets.
• Write content for brochures, programs, print advertising as needed.
• Efficiently manages content deadlines while producing high quality content.
• Assist with development of PR and media outreach strategy.
• Perform duties in other functional areas of Marketing and Communications duties as assigned.
Preferred, But Not Required: Chicago Style Manual
Essential Skills, Knowledge, Behaviors: Experience in digital marketing, communications, journalism, public relations, or related field. Customer service skills; Ability to work with a minimum of supervision; Cooperative spirit in working with peers, supervisors, faculty, and guests; Excellent interpersonal skills; Critical thinking skills; Planning and organization skills
Skill Development Areas: Communications, Alumni Relations, Recruitment, Marketing, Editorial, Web Content Publication, Chicago Style Manual
Minimum Qualifications:Experience in digital marketing, communications, journalism, public relations, or related field. Customer service skills; Ability to work with a minimum of supervision; Cooperative spirit in working with peers, supervisors, faculty, and guests; Excellent interpersonal skills; Critical thinking skills; Planning and organization skills.
Interns will be paid $9.00 per hour and are expected to work a minimum of 10 hours per week.
How to Apply:Please complete the online application and attach required documents. Required documents include a detailed cover letter, current resume, and a list of at least three (3) professional references with current contact details, including email addresses.
Review of application materials will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled. For full consideration, please apply by March 15, 2018.