TODAY Show Internship
NBC’s Today Show is seeking a Scripps College student to participate in a Spring 2019 internship in New York City. The internship is a paid position that gives prospective television hosts a behind-the-scenes look at a morning television program.
-Work closely with staff members, associate producers and producers
- Screen and log tapes
- Make research calls
- Compile statistics
- Work with editors to compile clip reels
- Answer phones and distribute mail
- Making dubs of show segments
- Going out on show-related errands
- Must have watched TODAY regularly
- Be familiar with their show format
- Looking for students that “really want journalism not entertainment”
- Sophomore or above (30 credits)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
All applicant must be 18 age or older and have unrestricted authorization to work in US without a visa or sponsorship, as well as relocate to NYC for the duration of the Spring 2019 semester.
Students may also receive the opportunity to attend a shoot, observe the process and sit-in on a final edit.
If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter (pdf file) to Karen Peters, Internship & Student Services Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, Oct. 12, 2018. Please make the subject of the email: “TODAY show application materials spring 2019.” No reference required.