Ohio Department of Public Safety is seeking copy writer/editor intern. The internship is a paid position that allows student to work closely with the ODPS Communications Department and collaborate closely with the DPS Communications staff to create engaging content while ensuring the highest level of accuracy and quality.
- Knowledge of media strategy and planning options
- Demonstrate understanding of good editorial judgment
- Have clear and engaging writing style
- Strong conceptual thinker
- Accomplished writer and editor
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical, planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Strong research skills gathering and analyzing data
- Ability to develop creative, unique, and relevant content
- Interpersonal communication skills (i.e. communicate in a clear and convincing way)
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Proficient computer skills, especially Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to function effectively as part of a team
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality
- Content management systems a plus
- Knowledge of digital marketing a plus
- Determine and apply editorial treatment to project materials
- Edit and re-write portions of documents
- Write original content for promotional materials
- Assist with large and small projects
- Write and edit press releases, marketing materials, website copy, etc.
- Perform other necessary activities
- Available minimum 20 hrs/week (max. 40)
- Shifts from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. in Columbus, OH with flexible hours
- Fall and spring semester: 16 hours a week or two 8-hour days
- Junior, Senior or Graduate student in good standing
- Scripps College of Communication student
Each intern will receive a records check and BCI fingerprint check.
OPDS also offers stipends to all interns.
If interested, please email Karen Peters at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: resume (including relevant samples), and cover letter addressed to Ms. Lindsey Bohrer, Acting Communications Director, Ohio Department of Public Safety 1970 W. Broad St. Columbus, OH 43223.