ODPS Social Media
Ohio Department of Public Safety is seeking a Social Media Intern. This internship is a paid position that will assist in the ongoing management and growth of the Ohio Department of Public Safety’s social media presence in alignment with their strategies and direction. The Social Media Intern is responsible for collaboration to develop marketing and communications plans that leverage the social media space.
-Contribute to the strategy and the execution of ideas
- Creates, manages and grows social media presence
- Available minimum 20 hrs/week (max. 40)
- Shifts from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. in Columbus, OH with flexible hours
- Fall and winter semester: 16 hours a week or two 8-hour days
- Junior, Senior or Graduate student in good standing
- Scripps College of Communication student preferred
- Must be enrolled in college/university
- Must be good standing
-Have a minimum GPA of 2.0
- Be enrolled in at least one course
- Pursuing a degree or finishing a degree
- Ability to multi-task
- Experience in planning, managing and executing social media initiatives/campaigns
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with leveraging social media management and analytics tools
- Experience writing, editing and crafting content
Each intern will receive a records check and BCI fingerprint check.
OPDS also offers stipends to all interns.
If interested, please email Karen Peters at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: resume (including relevant samples), and cover letter addressed to Ms. Lindsey Bohrer, Acting Communications Director, Ohio Department of Public Safety 1970 W. Broad St. Columbus, OH 43223.