KOAT Producer Assistant
KOAT is looking for an energetic team player who understands the flexible schedule that the broadcast industry requires to join our production crew. This person will be responsible for operating cameras, teleprompter, audio-board, graphics and video equipment; as related to live broadcasts and post-production.
- Must have good technical and communication skills
- Floor directing, camera/studio operator, digital editing, assisting the news department, and other duties
- Construction, maintenance, installation and operation of props, cameras, prompters, sets and other production equipment
- Lighting and script preparation for newscasts
- Edit syndicated promos for air
- Video cuing during newscasts
- Maintain professional appearance of studio/sets
- Assist the directors as needed
Working knowledge of television newscast equipment and software required.
Videography experience helpful.
Non-linear editing experience a plus.
Related military experience will be considered
- Must have a good attitude, be willing to learn, and be a team player
- Must be able to problem solve quickly and work well under pressure and tight deadlines
- Attention to detail a must
- Ability to edit is essential