DC Journalism and Communications Internship
The Fund for American Studies is accepting applications for the Summer 2019 Journalism + Communications Academic Internship Program in Washington, DC.
The comprehensive program includes academic coursework through George Mason University, an internship placement, furnished housing, guest lectures, as well as a variety of opportunities for networking and professional development.
All participants will receive an internship placement in the fields of news media or PR. Our staff works to place you with an organization that fits your skills and career goals:
- Covering the latest legislative battle by attending a hearing or Press - Conference on Capitol Hill.
- Standing on the steps of Supreme Court as protesters exercise their first amendment rights.
- Attending a national security press conference at the Pentagon.
- Planning and developing a social media campaign for a client at a dynamic DC PR firm.
- Meeting experienced reporters at a lunch at The National Press Club.
Writing a news story about a new member of Congress.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until March 13. Apply by Feb. 12 for priority scholarship consideration and internship placement.
To learn more or to begin an online application, please visit www.DCinternships.org/JComm. Questions may be directed to 202.986.0384 or firstname.lastname@example.org.