Times Herald Reporter
The Times Herald in Port Huron, MI is seeking a breaking news reporter to cover the breaking news/public safety beat. This reporter must be highly motivated and able to join a fast-paced team focused on telling compelling stories that resonate with audiences. Some experience is preferred, but entry-level candidates with internship experience will be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or equivalent
- Experience at a daily news organization preferred
- Ability to write clear, compelling articles
- Enhance your work with video and other digital storytelling tools
- Understanding of social media and audience engagement on digital platforms
- Ability to multi-task and excel under deadline pressure
- Efficient time use in a 24-hour newsroom
- Skilled at collaborating in a cross-functional environment
- Adapt in a rapidly changing industry
- Some evening and weekend work
- Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and the minimum liability insurance
If interested, please put together a single document that includes a resume (1-2 pages), a cover letter that outlines how you would approach the job, and 3-5 work samples.
Visit https://usr55.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/gannett/Posting/View/24187 to apply