1011NOW Opening for Reporter/Producer
1011NOW is looking for a driven journalist for the role of news reporter/producer in our Lincoln newsroom. You will be an integral part of the top news team in the area, producing weekend newscasts and bringing unique local stories, from enterprising ideas to telling polished, effective stories live on-air.
You will need to produce the market leading weekend evening newscast and enterprise story ideas that matter to viewers in Lincoln. Track and manage sources and stories within your assigned beat. Execute all aspects of storytelling, scheduling shoots and interviews, shooting video, writing scripts, editing, and going live as needed. Be a multi-platform storyteller, with regular posts to social media and the stations website and news apps. Meet tight daily deadlines. Respond urgently and appropriately to breaking and developing news.
· On-air experience and a consistent track record of meeting deadlines.
· Ability to shoot and edit video, and effectively communicate live on-air.
· Flexibility in scheduling, to respond to the changing news landscape.
· A four-year degree in journalism or related field, or equivalent professional experience.
· Familiarity with iNews, Avid, TVU, Clickability, Sony ENG, Social Media is a plus.
You must have a valid Driver’s License with good driving record. Employment is contingent on successfully passing drug screen and driving record check.
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUMES ELECTRONICALLY
Online to: www.Gray.tv/careers#currentopenings
Or email your resume to: