Nexstar Media Seeking News Anchor
The News Anchor serves as the primary presenter of news stories and other content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Closing Date: 7/12/2019
City: Charleston, West Virginia
• Presents news stories and other content for all platforms.
• Ensures that all news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
• Writes and delivers news stories in a clear and concise manner.
• Produces newscasts and communicates clear direction with team members.
• Assists in writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating news programming and other content.
• Acts as a field reporter as assigned.
• Conducts interviews with news personnel and others.
• Responds to breaking news and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
• Participates in promotional activities including public appearances.
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Edits video clips as assigned.
• Writes content for the website and other eMedia platforms.
• Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
You must apply online to be considered for this position. Please go to:
www.nexstar.tv under “careers” to access all career opportunities for WOWK-TV and Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc.
WOWK-TV is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply online at: https://broadcastcareers-nexstar.icims.com
Apply Online URL: