WOIO TV Creative Services Producer
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better. We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
ABOUT WOIO/WUAB WOIO-WUAB are the CBS and CW Affiliates in Cleveland, Ohio. We produce 48.5 hours of news per week and deliver content on a 24/7 basis on our digital platforms.
JOB SUMMARY WOIO/WUAB TV in the heart of downtown Cleveland, OH is seeking a quick-thinking Creative Services Marketing Writer/Producer to join our award-winning team. The ideal candidate will be a creative storyteller who is motivated to produce, develop ideas, and deliver promotional spots that stand out across all media platforms.
• Duties include producing engaging marketing promos and commercial content for our broadcast and digital platforms, producing research-driven news promotion, and producing segments for LIVE entertainment shows.
• Producers may attend News meetings to plan brand-driven special news reports to recruit new viewers.
• Producers meet with Ad Execs and clients to make commercials that drive traffic, revenue, and general awareness.
• Other station objectives like community events, sports championships, public service announcements, food/toy/coat drives, and occasional half-hour entertainment shows.
• Must have experience using non-linear editing software, DSLR cameras, and lighting.
• Must have advanced knowledge and experience using Adobe Creative Suite including After Effects.
• Experience developing content for social media platforms and knowledge of commonly used broadcast journalism practices a plus.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.