WOIO IT Technician
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better. We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
ABOUT WOIO/WUAB WOIO-WUAB are the CBS and CW Affiliates in Cleveland, Ohio. We produce 48.5 hours of news per week and deliver content on a 24/7 basis on our digital platforms.
IT Technician assists the IT Manager with supporting the installation and maintenance of employee equipment and systems including servers, desktop computers, mobile phones, faxes, and printers. Configures, installs, maintains and upgrades computer systems hardware and software. Help manage and install network infrastructure. Support phone system, cell phones, and other mobile technology.
• Support engineering aspects of the technical facility including studio support, post editing systems, field production support and transmission of live/recorded events & programs
• Have knowledge regarding broadcast equipment, technology, and systems and be able to step in an assist in emergency situations
• Performs regular maintenance tasks including repairs, equipment replacement, supplies, etc.
• Documents and executes necessary corrective actions
• Ensures all transmission equipment is operating correctly before and during live event telecasts - corrects and documents technical problems
• Assist with implementing Engineering projects
• Maintains building needs
• Have working knowledge of the latest operating systems software, including server and desktop operating systems
• Familiar with networking and IP addressing
• Must be available to work during breaking news situations, severe weather, new system integrations and updates
• Display and maintain professional appearance, based on station standards and professional demeanor
• 2-3 years of professional or broadcast experience preferred.
• A Bachelor’s Degree or similar certification is preferred, but is not required, as is previous working experience in engineering
• Strong leadership skills and ability to operate in high pressure situations.
• Knowledge of professional video photography equipment and techniques
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly to all work situations
• Must be able to work varying hours and weekends
• Professional, communicative, highly self-motivated, detail oriented, and focused individual traits
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge